You are very welcome. It is certainly a lot to absorb. I usually spend at least 20-30 minutes just on the minimum interpretive summary necessary to get through an IEP meeting (I'd gladly take more, but since the whole meeting is usually scheduled to run an hour, my colleagues frown on that!), and most private psychs schedule an hour for reviewing the eval report, so I can imagine that 10 minutes did not allow for much to sink in.

My usual home OG program recs are All About Reading (or All About Spelling, which attacks dyslexia from the encoding side, rather than the decoding side) (www.allaboutlearningpress.com), and Logic of English (www.logicofenglish.com). Also, OG-flavored online programs Lexia (now Rosetta Stone Reading www.rosettastone.com/homeschool/reading) and online/book/blended program Reading Horizons (athome.readinghorizons.com/store/elevate/overview). You can also buy Barton to do at home, though it's a bit pricier than the other options. If you have a definitive diagnosis on your eval report, some areas of the USA have free OG tutoring available through the Scottish Rite (http://www.childrensdyslexiacenters.org/), including some avenue for receiving free training as an OG tutor yourself (which, BTW, is a nice way to make a few bucks on the side, while using your training as an educator, and helping children succeed).

ETA: Oh, and if you choose one of the teacher/parent-directed home programs (vs online), I would suggest starting at the first lesson, and not skipping any, even though he will probably zoom through many of them, but just cutting down on practice tasks when it's obvious he already has mastery of them. The reason not to skip anything is that you don't know exactly where his holes are, so you really want to teach every phonemic awareness skill and reading principle until it's clear he can teach it back to you. The online programs will adapt, and are supposed to find the holes automatically. (Though you may have to watch out for clever children outflanking the adaptive learning software. Ask me how I know this. wink )

Last edited by aeh; 02/29/16 08:01 PM.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...