It's been awhile since I posted... http://giftedissues.davidsongifted....s_my_15_month_old_gifted.html#Post195901

My DS will be 3yo next month and he goes to preschool half the day everyday. It's not what I would call an academic preschool. As far as I know, these kids are learning letters one at a time and still learning to count in his class. If you look at my old thread, you can see why these lesson might be boring for my DS.

The teachers and director have told me he is hitting children for no reason and without anger on a constant/daily basis. It was only after observing him myself and then talking more with the teachers about their protocol in the hitting situation that I realized: he is either bored or in need of one-on-one attention. When he hits, they pull him aside and give him a one-on-one talk. I'm figuring they're giving him exactly what he wants!

Did anyone else or has anyone else gone through this with a gifted toddler? How to I broach the subject with the preschool and my pediatrician when neither has any inkling of my suspicions that he is gifted?