Now this might seem like a really stupid- i was looking at these results again to include in a school application and i became a bit confused. There are 10 subtests reported for my DS. How do you get from these tests to the fullscale IQ- is it just adding them up? In this case his iq would be 146 but his percentile is just listed as 99 (very superior) rather than 99.9??? It may seem a strange thing to ask this long after the testing but i didn't add the numbers up at the time.
I have tried looking to see if you have to do something else to calculate the full scale iq but i can't see anything.
I would love to hear from anyone about how i do calculate this number.
Thanks in advance,
Elena.

Originally Posted by hhbella
Hi,
I am here again as i now have more information about the test results from the wisciv my son did with the school pysch.
I am again looking for some guidance about the scores- there is a big discrepancy between some of them. Which made me wonder about calculating the GAI- if it is appropriate and how to do it.
His results were:
Verbal comp:
similarities 19
vocabulary 19
comprehension 16
perceptual reasoning
block design 15
picture concepts 14
picture completion 14
(comment that he had trouble concentrating here due to returning after lunch)
working memory
digit span 11
letter-number sequence 15
Processing speed
coding 11
symbol search 12
The calculations are:
vci 99.9
pri 96
wmi 86
processing speed index 73
full scale score 99

If someone could help me with the GAI calculation i would appreciate it. Also if anyone had any comments about differences in the wisc versus sb5 (first post) i would appreciate them.
THanks,
hhbella.