DS 7.5 has dyslexia/dysgraphia/dyspraxia with giftedness. We pulled out of public school at the beginning of first grade once I saw the writing on the wall with the "gifted" program there and lack of accommodations and remediation problems.

We've been homeschooling and remediating with good improvement.

There is a local public elementary school that is starting a full grade gifted program and I've applied for DS. IDK how it would go but I've heard accommodating in a full day gifted program is easier than a typical elementary school with just gifted pull out.

Any experiences with public gifted full programs and disability accommodations? I have no problem continuing remediation (as long as DS has the energy for it) at home but I worry about his ability to be accommodated for significant dysgraphia. The dyslexia has improved greatly but still is well below his IQ. It seems that dyslexic accommodations would be easier to manage as audiobooks and ipads are so universal. Theoretically dysgraphia accommodations are around but dictation doesn't work well yet on ipads with DS, and currently I scribe everything we do except handwriting.

Any thoughts appreciated smile

Life is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and then teaches the lesson.