Hey all,

I am well aware that I am preemptively freaking out. But I don't think it's necessarily unrealistic. So, we have our 5 year old DYS in an AMAZING school. Amazing. Like, we don't know how we found it - all day gifted, has peers, has a best friend...perfection in every way. BUT we might be moving. I say 'might' because hubby is getting his PhD this spring and so has been applying for jobs. Of course he is applying to places near said school, but there are only so many for astronomy. The fact is, it is pretty likely to very likely that we will have to move away from this area. Far enough away that commuting just isn't likely. And I'm freaking out about it. Because I see posts all the time about the struggles people have with their PG kids and schooling...and while I know we could theoretically homeschool, taking him away from amazing teachers and the social aspect of his peers is literally figuratively breaking my heart. (ok, definitely figuratively...but it is literally stressing me out to the breaking point). I feel like a move could destroy this amazing situation we have, but I KNOW that we might have to. I guess I'm just looking for support and...I don't know. How do you balance what 'you' need vs what 'your child' needs? There have to be options other places, right? but finding a best friend? a PG best friend that is your age and gets you and your interests and can keep up with you? THAT isn't something that is easy to find. And they go to school together now. Ugh, I'm babbling, I know...I just...I have talked to DH about this a million times and he understands but I guess I wanted to know that we would be ok from people who have been through this. Will we? Should we be trying to stay here no matter what job opportunities come up? What if that isn't a possibility?

Sorry for the word vomit. I'm just scared.

Last edited by Marnie; 01/27/16 01:28 PM.