I was in band/wind symphony up through part of college and I think if she can stick with it, she would really enjoy that aspect of being in a group. Otherwise I would just say keep on with the piano, since it is practiced, and be done with it. No other instruments. I'm not sure what dd's motivation is. She likes the group aspect, but she was like this with piano too. She wanted to take the lessons but didn't want to practice for a long period of time.

I'll email the teacher and see if she is keeping up. There was a period where the teacher was concerned and changed up the groups. She was concerned about everyone, not just dd, and said that the previous group was very disruptive, hyper, and they were all falling behind. If she says that DD is still having problems with X,Y, and Z maybe we can try private lessons til the end of the year but if she still won't practice, I don't think we can keep on with the cello. Private lessons are $30 for 30 min. which seems outrageous if the time isn't put into it at home as well.