Hi LAF,
Good questions. She was having problems with the bow hold but DD says she is doing much better now. She still won't practice. If I knew that she would practice if we signed her up for private lessons, I would gladly do the private lessons, but I don't think that will be the case. I think some of this may have to do with perfectionism. Since the piano makes more sense to her, and she's more advanced with it, she's not as reluctant to play it. I used to have a lot more problems getting her to practice piano than I do now, but it was another instrument she refused to give up. The only way that I could get her to practice was threatening to cancel the lessons. But now I feel like maybe we are at the limit and one instrument is enough. If we keep on with the cello, it's possible she will start practicing more later, but I don't know that. I don't know if it's something about the cello per se, or if she would be like this with any new instrument. We already own a clarinet, trumpet, and violin. I wish she had picked one of those, at least we wouldn't have to pay huge rental fees!

About a month ago, I told her to do piano one day and cello the next, and alternate, but she doesn't practice piano every day. She just doesn't play either one certain days.