Originally Posted by funtimes
Hi all!
We are considering a private school for 3rd grade for 1 or both of our twins. (most likely just one as i don't see the other wanting to make a change- and he's doing well where he is!)
This school would be a GT school where the kids work at their own pace per subject. I do have concerns regarding what basics would be missed and how important ( if at all) that is in the long run. Does anyone have suggestions on questions to ask about curriculum? How difficult is it to re-acclimate to a traditional school setting for high school or college? Any suggestions or advice welcome.

Most private schools will still do some type of assessment (ERB's) to make sure there are not any large gaps in their curriculum. Could you ask about ERB results? I would want to know about class size - in a large class it might be difficult to identify what any given child already knows/ needs to know.... a smaller classroom will better help teachers identify any gaps in knowledge. Our GT school has special classes/ sections of classes for transfer students to help bring them up to speed.