My son is 10 and in 5th grade. He hates school and does the bare minimum. There is a chance we could get him into a program in 6th grade that would be more advanced (right now he only gets pulled out for math and does 1 grade level ahead even though he's tested higher). He has dysgraphia and executive function disorder as well as speech delays that require him to be in speech therapy twice a week. He hates school. he does the bare minimum, barely gets his work turned in on time and is getting C's in all the other classes except for math where he's acing it. We have had this struggle with him for years now and even moved to a new location and to a new school to see if it would help. Socially he is getting a little bit better but still has some issues with kids his age. I'm being told in order for him to qualify for this new program he has to show a "love of learning" and by their definition it sounds like an aim to please. He loves learning, just not what exactly they are learning in class at the time. Do I push it or just let him do his thing?

Thank you

Cola