Nodding my head as I read through this whole thread. We started down this path back in grade 1 because school was not going well for DS9. His behavior wasn't great and the school told us to test him for ADHD. We thought the root cause was boredom but agreed that there was something else going on so we tested to learn more and discovered the world of 2e. We then tried differentiation for 2 years before giving up and switching school boards to be in a full time gifted program which has been great for him. 2/3 of the class is boys.

DD7 is totally different. We knew she was smart and she was doing well in school. Teachers seem to love her, she is compliant (at least as much as any grade 2 kid is), does her work and for the most part likes it. This year we had a brief blip where she started to check out mentally but that seems to have been mostly resolved now that they started differentiating more for her.

We tested her this year because we figured she would likely also score high but to be totally honest we probably wouldn't have if we hadn't been dragged down this path by DS and read everything that we have over the past 3 years and experienced the school's inability to deal with him. DS's reaction to poor educational fit was something that was hard to ignore. Her's is much more subtle and if we weren't looking would easily be overlooked. Most teachers have no clue what either of them is actually capable of if they were appropriately challenged. I'm hoping that she can join her brother next year at the other school. She wants to move but didn't want to do it mid-year. Hopefully she'll be accepted....