ODS is 9. That means we have approximately 7-9 years of dealing with homework left to go, and that's just for him. YDS still likes it, but he's in K. So that's probably temporary.

I am so ready to scream over homework this year. ODS clearly needs practice on his math problems (gets concepts most of the time, gets frustrated by word problems, makes silly mistakes because his writing is so sloppy, etc.) but hates doing the extra practice problems he needs to do. This devolved into me saying some not very nice things yesterday after he sat there not really doing the work and making annoying sounds instead.

Literature/Language Arts, he missed one assignment, got zero credit and as a result, tanked his grade. He had a chance for extra credit but thought he had to format it a certain way, program wasn't cooperating (kept losing text box on the assignment he had to do first, melting down, etc.)... so he didn't finish the extra credit in time. I just wrote the teacher to find out if it really had to be done in that format and she said Word would be fine in the future... ARGH. This was not written down anywhere.

Am on the edge between "it's his responsibility" and "he's 9 and expected to do work for 11-12 year olds." Does scaffolding mean pulling out my own hair? With a possible move in our future, letting his accelerated class grades tank seems like a bad thing. The last thing we need is a PG kid with terrible grades when approaching a new school.

I may just be ranting... but I really don't know if we can take this... Googled tips on homework but none of them are anything different than what we've already tried.

I hate homework. There, I said it!