Hi Laurie,

This is a really individual question with a million different answers. One big thing I'd consider is the age of your child and where they are at re remediation. For instance, I could not have adequately home-schooled my dyslexic child during the time she was being taught to read simply because I didn't have the specialized program knowledge that others had. She attended a brick and mortar school, but we also sent her to a tutor to give her the quickest and firmest start at a foundation that we could to get her reading. If we'd had the option of sending her to an LD-specific school that specializes in dyslexia I would have sent her to it in a heartbeat (if it checked out ok of course smile ) I only wish we had started earlier! We continue to see a huge gap in vocabulary due to years of missed reading opportunities compared to peers, and there is no way that a slower pace of catching up with reading would have helped, which is honestly what I think would have happened had we homeschooled. That's just our family though.

Best wishes,

polarbear

Last edited by polarbear; 11/20/15 11:42 AM.