Thanks. You're right, I know.

Right now he doesn't need anything, honestly. I was just trying to get him identified and get to know the school support staff, for when he does need something.

Maybe it's good in the sense that I now have realistic expectations. It certainly didn't build up the trust in each other that I was hoping for when I started the process.

I'm really hoping for single subject acceleration for math next year in 1st. I can't even imagine what that will take after this experience. But that's a completely different topic.

I was hoping it would be straightforward since there is a framework for it built into the district policies, but I can see now that even following existing processes can take a lot of work.

I think you're right. It was a disappointing process, but I think it'll be okay and we're going to get it worked out. Thanks again for the perspective, it is helpful.

I guess it's not the end of the world if he gets retested, as long as they pay for it. :P. I think he'd score better the second time around, honestly. Seems like SUCH a waste though, yikes.