I know I am not the only one who has read news lately about how kids need to be able to move to learn. Second day of school (public, not gifted), my 10yo twin daughters come home with a pamphlet called "Classroom procedures" which outlines all the rules of the classroom. It is 5 full sides of pages (not including the title page). When I asked my 2e twin daughter what "quiet club" meant, she said that if they did not turn in their homework or were misbehaving in class (5th grade), that they would miss recess. She is PG, ADHD, and other problems. Keeping her in from recess is exactly not what is in her best interest (nor the teachers). I know that teachers need to have rules but IMO taking away recess is never an option for addressing behaviour issues. We don't have our IEP meeting for 3 weeks and I will have an ulcer by then. This is just causing me so much heartache. Sorry for the vent but the past 6months have been so stressful with their PG, dyslexia, etc diagnoses and I was so hoping that with an experienced teacher, they would get it. Apparently not. frown Ok, gonna go cry in my pillow now. Thanks for listening.