It is just wrong to say he can't be in it because he's not neurotypical. I'm sorry, it's wrong and it's discrimination and waiting around hoping they will realize the error of their ways probably won't help. They do not want him because he has autistim. Period. It's as offensive to me as if they had said "we don't accept girls because, well, girls are silly and they'll be too distracting to the boys" or based on his race or nationality. They do not want kids with disabilities in their ATP. That will not change anytime soon. They are just hoping you will forget it and go away quietly. And yeah it may not be enough or at the level at which he needs but it is better than nothing... For my son - it's a break from the mundane twice a week (which he has very much needed and he is with others more like him. It'd probably be so good for your son. I'd push for it. And I wouldn't let some one get away with discriminating against my child because he has dysgraphia (or adhd or autism ) - not without a fight anyway. If he finds that he does not like it he can leave the program, but he should be given the opportunity to try it and not denied because they don't like kiddos with disabilities.

Last edited by Irena; 09/02/15 07:35 PM.