Our son did private testing (WPPSI-IV and some WJ-IV subtests) when he was 4 years 11 months. He just started K last week and I'm wondering what (if anything) to do with these tests wrt the school.

His scores were good but not off the charts. They were pretty consistent across the board with an average processing speed and lower working memory, which pulled down the scores. I'm not even sure how to summarize these and it's been about 8 months so I forget how to interpret them too a little (sorry!) but maybe this will be useful:

(Scale, Composite Score, Percentile Rank)

Verbal Comprehension (VCI) 126 96
Visual Spatial Index (VSI) 132 98
Fluid Reasoning Index (FRI) 136 99
Working Memory Index (WMI) 124 95
Processing Speed Index (PSI) 94 34
Full Scale IQ 129
General Ability Index (GAI) 133 99
Cognitive Proficiency Index (CPI) 111 77

So I think the Full Scale IQ of 129 is the usual WPPSI-IV output, but she recommended the GAI of 133 as more accurate, given the processing speed and working memory scores.

These are the WJ-IV scores:

(Subtest/Composite, Standard Score, Percentile Rank, Grade Equivalent)

Reading 135 99 1.6
Mathematics 132 98 1.3
Written Language 126 96 1.0

Academic Skills 135 99 1.3
Academic Applications 130 98 1.3

Keeping in mind that these scores were 1/2 way through Pre-K and that he's had an extra 8 months of growth, I think it's clear he's capable of doing higher than K level work.

However, the WPPSI-IV scores don't seem that high to me - and it seems like they have a higher threshold that needs to be met for receiving any gifted services in K-3 in my district (required to be working 2-3 years ahead).

Would you share these scores with your kid's school?
Other options would be to nominate him for testing through the school at some point and then he'd have to repeat testing.
Or he could wait until third grade and the typical identification cycle.

Right now he's doing an immersion program and I've decided to afterschool him in math, so I feel like we have an okay plan for K. He will have a lot of adjusting to make and his fine motor came along slowly, so he's still learning to write lower case letters.

Thanks in advance for any help. Meanwhile I will also read up on the advocacy tips here...