DD is one term into kindergarten and already completed the 40 week course (in 10 weeks) - the teacher is amazing and doing her best to differentiate.

DD loves going because of the social side and is getting used to school culture. I really think it has helped starting her at 5 and not earlier as (even though she is exceedingly mature) the social dynamics are confusing to her, at this age she is just that much further along in being able to reason and therefore when there are difficulties at school socially, she is able to address them in a way that isn't damaging to her self esteem. I'm not sure at 4.5 she could have achieved that.

I supplied the school with her report at enrolment - I haven't mentioned it since although she does do a private gifted pull out program once a week as the school does not have a GT program. (arranged prior to school start, as school isn't compulsory until 6 this wasn't really a drama, many parents choose to keep there kids home once a week until they adapt to the new routine.)

Teacher has already advised that next year DD will be skipped one year, we have 20 weeks left and it is likely she will be skipped 2 plus acceleration.

So I guess I think that a "normal K" experience is best and then push hard for acceleration once faculty knows DS better and you also know how this school works.