School districts are required to consider the results of any independent eval a parent has done (whether it's paid for by the district or something the parent obtains privately and pays for themselves).

Our district is unfortuantely run by a slew of incompetent people and we had a private neuropsych report on DS after he had a brain injury. It had abnormal test findings and a bunch of diagnosis codes and recommendations. Our district completely ignored the report and told me he would never qualify for anything (without even evaluating him themselves). I could have filed a complaint for "child find" violations, and/or taken them to due process. I called the State and the district was aware of this, and luckily for them, turned things around before I did anything.

They can use the report and the scores, but will probably want to do their own eval as well. There are certain things that have to be documented for the State. It depends on what category they are assessing or trying to make him eligible for, but they may need to do classroom observations, achievement testing that wasn't done, checklists, etc.

Our district specifically asked if they could use the IQ scores we had obtained previously (privately) for both kids, and I'm glad, because otherwise they would have given them the CogAT. The reason they wanted to use those scores is to minimize the amount of testing they had to do themselves. If they had it their way, they wouldn't have done any eval at all.