Thank you all for your responses. I am feeling a lot calmer. We had a second meeting with DS' counselor and she suggests it is an adjustment issue combined with a little resistance and a lack of some coping skills. (I hope I hit that right--I don't have a counseling/psychology background). He talks to her a lot more about what is going on than with me. She believes that I should give him (and me!) some time to adjust to the new school environment with all its policies and procedures. I realize I am overly sensitive due to past circumstances and every little flag is coming off as a red flag to me. Plus, DS is whining in the mornings that he doesn't want to go to school. I hate that.

Could someone point me to which resources to locate to find out if DS has a learning issue?

As for my pregnancy, his behavior started changing about 6-8 weeks before we found out and told him, but I have no doubt that this has affected him as I am extremely high risk and was quite sick and hospitalized briefly during the first trimester.

Also, I have edited three times. What else do I need to edit out?

Thank you all.