Originally Posted by polarbear
eco, why wouldn't this teacher be involved in the 504 meeting? At our schools all teachers (even elective teachers) are supposed to attend the meeting.
So far, I've attended two 504 meetings at two schools and elective teachers haven't attended. It's been district 504 coordinator, administrator in charge of compliance, counselor, and core subject teacher(s). I don't know what the rules are, that's just how it's been.

Originally Posted by polarbear
I'd explain as best you can, and then explain again later if something comes up that you haven't anticipated (because that is just what seems to happen with life... and school... and 2e :)).

So far my explanations have not been very convincing, anyhow, so I guess the only choice is to keep doing just that! What I want them to understand is that everything is not as it seems with DS. That seems to be the tricky part with 2E.

Originally Posted by Mahagogo5
Originally Posted by puffin
Baseball history is a subject?

I know right? Mind you I think we have waka building to look forward to...
What is a waka building? Yes, this is an elective in his school. There are several unusual, high-interest electives at the high school level. They take language arts, social studies, math, science, and two elective classes each semester. It's an IB high school, the kids in the gifted MS add more HS classes to their schedules each year.