Originally Posted by Perro
Seems my posts are getting published after being approved.
It is my understanding that new members may have a brief period of moderation. This may be to prevent posting of vast amounts of spam messages by new/unknown entities.

When you say "just pick up the slack", any suggestion or advice how and what to do?
To pick up the slack is to do the work someone else has stopped doing but still needs to be done. This may apply to parents agreeing on roles, and division of labor, in raising a child. For example dividing tasks such as:
- being a sounding board for the child,
- helping to reframe child's experiences and providing guidance,
- seeking resources and opportunities for the child,
- learning approaches to advocacy and working with the school, etc.
If one parent does not take on responsibility and follow through with it, the other parent may "take up the slack" by doing more of the work or all of the work.

Unfortunately, there are many cases where no one took up the slack. Here I am going to link to another thread, Gifted adults - what did your parents do right/wrong. This thread shows the vast differences in support which gifted individuals have received, and is a testimony to resilience of the human spirit in developing one's gifts and talents throughout the lifespan.

And what more challenges one can anticipate and how to prepare oneself to address those challenges.
Keeping in mind that every child, family, teacher, and school learning environment is different... in general, learning about a couple of things proactively is helpful.
1) advocacy.
2) learning differences/disabilities, and 2e issues: Special Education Law and Advocacy.
You mentioned upthread that your child is not a US citizen. Are you located in the USA, or outside the USA? The challenges you may face, the learning environments and laws/customs/policies may differ. As the advocacy approaches linked above were formed by experiences in working with the education system in the USA, they may not be effective/appropriate with school systems outside the USA.