Hello everyone,

We use melatonin for the kids for a few nights in a row when we are travelling to get them over jet lag. We have not used it more regularly, but we are lucky that our kids are relatively good sleepers.

I just wanted to make another suggestion about an alternative that maybe could be beneficial in conjunction with melatonin if nothing else.

I don't know if there has been much discussion on this forum over the research coming out lately on blue light exposure and its effects on melatonin production, but we have found wearing blue light blocking glasses in the evenings can really help with sleep. I got some for myself first when I started waking between 3-5 in the morning and having trouble falling back asleep. Then when my daughter was taking 1-1.5 hours to fall asleep, and being really hard to wake in the morning, I decided to get her a pair. And we found when she wears the orange glasses for a couple of hours before bedtime, she falls asleep better, and she also wakes up earlier and feeling more refreshed.

She is not thrilled with everything having an orange tinge, but you do get used to it.

Anyway, not sure if it will help anyone else, but I just thought I would throw it out there as something else that works pretty well for us.