To clarify what my 'social' concerns are....

Prior to starting the G&T class dd was a non-participant in the classroom setting. Since being in the G&T she has grown so much in terms of sharing her thoughts and playing with other kids and developing meaningful relationships. However, she still doesn't have an emotional investment with these classmates/friends... Meaning, when I asked her a few months ago if she is sad that one of her friends is leaving she said no. And then I asked hypotheticals about other friends and if she would be sad if they left and her reply was no for all of them, except one girl. These are friends she sits with at lunch, plays with at recess, and invites to her bday party, but wouldn't miss them. The G&T program has definitely helped her be more outgoing. I still can't figure out if she's introverted, has a mild form of Aspergers or just quirky. Also, fwiw Dd isn't a behavioral problem when bored in school. HS is really only going to last 1-2 years until she can go to the stem middle school older dd is going to. My primary objective is that dd continues to be outgoing and participate in classroom settings.