For my non-2E HG+ kid, my main reason was that I knew he wouldn't get an appropriate education in school. (Actually, I homeschooled the 2E HGish kid for the same reason, now that I think about it.) I did end up putting him in school for two years (grades 6 and 8, he skipped 5 and 7), and we're now back to homeschooling because even with a two grade skip, it still wasn't enough (with the exception of executive skill demand, which was bordering on too much).

I have never once regretted homeschooling either of my kids, but I do regret putting my son in school for those two years.

As for math, I like Singapore math (Primary Mathematics) for elementary level. Beast Academy is also something to look at though I've never used it. For prealgebra and up, if your child is math oriented, take a look at the Art of Problem Solving books. There is also the Jousting Armadillos series, which looks like it might be good, though I have not used it. We loved Jacobs Algebra, and for a kid who has solid arithmetic skills, Jacobs has enough introductory algebra content so that you don't need to do a separate prealgebra course. Foerster's Algebra is also excellent.

Regarding your other post, I would not use Connected Mathematics in a homeschool setting because it is heavily reliant on group work.

Last edited by Kai; 07/19/15 08:25 AM.