Platypus101, what a lovely way of putting this!

I completely agree. DD is a mix of DH (not so good with the EF) and myself (completely in love with the EF and basing a career on it) I should point out that I was a late bloomer and was completely hopeless through high school and even into college.

This means that her EF is spotty, high where she has interest and low where she doesn't. We've found that she does better in educational environments where they are more focused on academic results and less focused on fussy organizational stuff (color coding, etc.). If the EF serves the academic results (like how to break a large assignment into smaller chunks, how to organize thoughts in writing, and how to do good research) then I don't mind them specifically teaching those skills. However, I find many schools simply glue a bunch of meaningless organizational techniques onto whatever they're doing without a lot of thought. I organize stuff for a living, but organizing for organizing's sake isn't really meaningful. You organize to reach a goal or end or you find supports to organize for you (tools, partners, environments).