I received word today that DS will be allowed to remain in his program on a "probationary" status next year. I *thought* he had managed to pull off the grade requirement of all Cs or better but it turns out he didn't. He had a D+ in one class.

I am okay with the all Cs requirement (bc he can do this, if all hands are on deck, without much difficulty) but am frustrated because:
--one of his 504 requirements is that teachers respond to weekly email re: his performance
--I am supposed to monitor grades via online gradebook.
--he is supposed to take photos of assignments written on board

Teachers:
--did not respond consistently
--did not check to see the planner photos were taken
--did not keep grade book up to date

On the last day of school, he had a 75-ish percent in the class in question. The day after students were out, the teacher in question added several assignments and his grades, and he fell below 70. Weeks worth of assignments.

The plan is (and I agreed to it) that if DS has even one quarter grade below 70 he is immediately removed from program and has to "go back to regular middle school."

I don't know how to address this via 504 language. If the grade
book is not accurate until after the quarter is over, how will I know what is going on?

This sounds incredibly stressful, like a big gauntlet hanging over our heads all the time. I am all for holding DS accountable, and monitoring his planner, assignments, grades, etc. but what do we do about failure to communicate and keep effective records?

I need language. Can anyone help? I haven't ever seen a 504 accommodation about the teachers' grading and record-keeping. This doesn't seem fair to me.