Hello Brittany! You found this fabulous site when your DD is a little younger than mine - when mine was 3 i started worrying about early entrance, etc. But I agree with Neato, that 2.5 is a little early for testing. We tested DS4 a little on the early side because we needed to know in the spring if he would be eligible for early k.

Your DD sounds delightful. I guess the pre-k deal where you can pay as you go sounds worth a try, and there may be some other places with interaction that are free or cheap, such as book-time at the library, zoo classes, community art projects, etc.

If she's yearning for academic stuff, you could try the educational games for PC, for pre-k or k-1 (that will also give you an idea of what level she's at). My DS liked those around 2.5-3.

And, like Neato says, this time goes by quickly, especially so if your kid is GT. It seems they pass through lots of phases, very fast. You're in for lots of fun.

Originally Posted by incogneato
I read a book somewhere that advised that you talk to your baby like they can understand everything you are saying. Tell them what you are doing as you change their diaper, etc.
So I talked to them all day long!

Huh - I think we read the same book! when i was in GT denial phase, I thought, "oh, he just is early with language because of all that talking I did." Now it's all backfired - can't get the kid to shut up! wink