Puffin -- With DS, yes. I think. Hard to tell. He has some other issues that slow him down (fine motor issues/hand strength that make writing extra frustrating) but I notice it with speaking as well - he starts to tell you a story or something he's excited about, and he stumbles over it, re-starting several times. Almost sounds like a stutter (but multi word stutter) at times. Part of it is thinking as he goes, and part of it is trying to perfect his thoughts, I"m sure. It can be hard to tell how much is processing speed vs. trying to say things "just so" (but maybe that's all one and the same?). He also has some organizational/exec function issues... he can't do multi step directions well, and I wonder if some of that isn't the weakness there too. He also has a distinct issue with timed skill tests. Things like 1+1 (you know, stuff he's known forever) he seemingly has to think about when timed (and occasionally when not, so not all timer anxiety).

With DD not at all. She's quick. The tester - with whom I just spoke the other day - wasn't entirely sure that was accurate for her; she thought some of the slowness may have been perfectionism (which resonates for DD).

All that said - I am never entirely sure what to look at for the processing issue, or what it truly means for them. I'd love help with that angle, if anyone has ideas :-)