K would be in class of around 20 students I'd imagine. And depending on the school, it could be around 200-500 kids in total. It is a lot for a young child to handle and at the moment, I don't think she is ready for that.

It is a good point about keeping her having a good time and not waiting for things to go sour.

I have watched her at daycare sit down at a table next to a girl who was scribbling. So DD scribbled too. The other week I saw her sit down with a child who was writing letters and drawing flowers. So DD wrote letters and drew flowers. I guess she just mirrors what she sees around her and maybe she would rise to the challenge if she was asked to perform.

I am going to meet with a principal of another school on Friday to discuss. They have a preschool on site and may be able to evaluate DDs social readiness against the other preschool students.

I think in all, I am leaning against early entry at this stage. But yes, January is a long way away and it is a good idea to keep our options open.