We tested because I didn't want to end up in December and find out that DD was ready for school and that we hadn't done a thing about it. I knew she was advanced but the high result has shocked me, which is why I am doubting its accuracy I guess. I have Ruf's book and originally I thought she was a Level 2 (being conservative). Then as time when on, I thought maybe Level 3. Now I read Level 4 and I just don't know. Some bits yes and some bits no. Perhaps my ideas of what a 3yo should be like are so far skewed that I don't realise how different she is.

Daycare is almost all play based. They have 15mins of group time a day for 3yo's and an extra 15mins for the school readiness group. Given that DD loves physical activities and does not seem to participate in any complicated games, it is entirely possible that she does not demonstrate her giftedness. Also she isn't reading, which I guess is one of the usual tell tale signs.

The daycare section on the application form is all fact based (mostly Y/N questions), such as can she wait her turn, can she count to 10 etc. There are a few short answer questions but on specific topics.

puffin - she misses the cut off by 3months.

ndw - yes I guess those are my worries in a nutshell smile