I am getting conflicting advice if I should sign my DS up for the SAT Subject test in Chemistry. He will already be taking the Math 2 subject test in June. DS has been taking a standard H.S. Chemistry class. And doing very well this spring, but didn't get the best grade because of missing homework last semester. He isn't planning on taking AP Chem next year. (Maybe senior year.) I know the SAT Subject tests are less important than the used to be and the only one DS I am sure will be useful is the Math 2 test.

I'm getting conflicting advice about if the test should be taken at the end of a year of High School Chemistry (a friend, and college board web-site) but the school counselor recommends only taking it after AP Chemistry. DS generally tests very well on multiple choice tests and has an interest in taking the test. It can't hurt right? If he doesn't get a good score we don't have to send it to colleges.

Anyone been down this route. Did your students find it easy? I should probably ask this question on college confidential but there are people on this board I trust the answers from.