Originally Posted by NotherBen
Is your son taking AP Chem next year? That might be a good time to take the SAT subject test in Chem. DS took the AP exam today, and said he wants to take the subject test next month. I almost want to wait for the AP score before signing him up, but the timing is off. This week is the registration deadline.
Not sure yet but probably not. AP Biology, AP Chem, and AP Physics are all in the running. All 3 of them he doesn't officially meet the grade criteria to get into but he is close. His counselor has said she would go to bat for him and he is currently getting a high A in Chemistry this semester. I believe there shouldn't be an issue to get him into AP Physics because it's based on his math grade. I think he should take AP Chemistry over AP Biology since they it's more math based. But the AP Biology teacher is really good while this years Chemistry is boring.

My logic is the SAT Subject test aren't really as important to get into colleges these days. The Math 2 Subject test is still important to get into Math, Engineering & Computer Science programs. And if he needs another Subject test he can probably take whichever science he takes next year.