Hi Everyone,

Its been a long time since I posted, but I have always found your advice and suggestions helpful. My DS 11 will be in public HS next school year, and we are looking at advocating for his 9th grade placements this Thursday with the HS counselor. DS was grade skipped and has an additional 2 year math skip. This year he will complete Honors Algebra. We are looking at having him skip Honors Trig (Maybe self study over summer) and go straight to AP Calculus BC. Algebra 2 was not very challenging for him, however for the 1st time he is not getting an A but most likely a high B. This seems to be an issue more with never having to put in effort, and extra time spent with the graphing. He also has never been a 100% correct student, he still makes mistakes mostly due to speed or not paying attention. Rarely is it a comprehension issue. Outside of school he has competed in the AMC 8 and scores in the low 20s and in the AMC 10 and scores just under 100. On the SAT he is all over the place from 580 to 800 on sample tests, depending on focus (Last year he scored 690 on the actual SAT Math). Our goal is to keep him challenged without hurting his future GPA. It's a fine balance. I am looking for any input others may have with this. We are also looking at having him take AP Bio instead of Honors Bio. He is strong in science, however our school district regular progression is that most AP course should not be taken until 11th grade. Most students take AP bio have taken honors bio in 9th. Any input is helpful.

Thank you

Edwin