I sort of like the title - I was hoping for some sort of existential foray into the existence of 'the exactly', some unknown point that all perfectionists aim to achieve, or maybe some kind of ideal IQ/EQ...or maybe that ah ha moment that sparks in the minds of divergent thinkers when the universe unfolds some mystery to them. wink

But thank you for the article, madeinuk - I think using 'child-led' vs. 'parent-led' teaching/learning to describe the difference between nurturing and pushing is an accurate and appropriate one. DH and I have always believed that our main job is to expose our kids to everything and anything, knowing full well it might not interest them. If something sticks, awesome (and sometimes leads us down a rabbit hole of intense depth and intrigue.) If not, that's totally ok too. But it has always been important to us to follow DS5's lead. (I mean, it's not like we could actually get him to do anything he didn't want to do ANYWAY. At least, not without a whole lot of fuss and fighting that no one wants to spend their time on. Cue in this morning's ridiculously long attempt - and eventually semi-success? - to get DS and his little brother to clean up the lego (and magnet and toy kitchen and car and book and scrabble tiles...) explosion that was our living room. :P

Last edited by Marnie; 04/18/15 10:01 AM.