National Autism Resources is selling stuff-- it's really up to each individual and family to decide whether that stuff is useful to meet particular needs.

I will note that the information on the language development page you linked to on that site is less than half true for my 2E autistic child (never echolalic, no problem with abstraction, interested in shared experience). Autistic people who are gifted in language may show radically different behaviors and capacities from those who are not, but even without the gifted/non-gifted distinction, there is a lot of variation among autistic people.

The difference between the Autism Acceptance approach and the "Ten Things Every Child With Autism Wishes..." is one of perspective. The "Ten Things" book strongly suggests that "all autistic people have these traits." (They do not, in practice.) The folks at the Autism Acceptance site attempt to make sure that many voices and perspectives are heard, including those of autistic people themselves; they acknowledge that autism is manifest in many ways, that not everyone has all the traits on any given list, but that non-autistics should try to meet each individual where they are.

(My opinion on the over-attribution of sensory issues as part of autism would require another thread.)