Originally Posted by George C
Thanks, everyone for the responses! I talked with the gifted coordinator today, and it went fine. She said that she is familiar with this private school and knows that his needs will be served there.

SouthLake: I'm not really sure I care about the public school's approval; I think, rather, that this is something I am still coming to grips with in my own head. I know that we've made the right decision, as that is what our gut is saying... yet my head hasn't really caught up. It's like I'm out of sync with myself. These last few months have been an emotional roller coaster for us as we've been learning about him, looking back on our own childhoods, and trying to make sense of the what the best thing to do really is. I think at this point, I would probably second guess any decision.

I suspect my head will catch up to all of this in the fall when he starts the 2015-16 school year. It seems like a long time to wait, but now that the decision has been made, I need to think about something else for awhile.

George, you are doing the right thing for your son. Don't feel guilty about it. I'm glad things went smoothly with the transition thus far. It sounds like you are on the right tack.