My gauge has always been the happiness and demeanor of the child. If she is pleased with the situation, then at least for now I would just leave it as it is. This could change though. Maybe next year will be a different story. I have found we just have to take it day by day since things constantly change. My PG DS7 was absolutely miserable in first grade. Even though I sent in ourextra worksheets for math and reading, he could not deal with it. He got depressed, angry ,frustrated, you name it. Something had to be done. We pulled him out of math and reading all together. He is now in second grade, 1 year accelerated in all subjects since Kindergarten. Doing math EPGY with a tutor. I also come in a few lessons a week and work with him on various things. He is also subject accelerated in language arts. This year has been absolutely great! Is the language arts class still too easy for him? Yes. But that is my point, he is happy , and that is all that matters. There might be enough stimulation and other subjects which is keeping your daughter happy with her school situation. My only concern when kids are not fully challenged in school, is the lack of developing work ethic and not getting used to and being able to conquer struggles. If she is encountering this in other subjects though, I wouldn't worry about it. Can you send in some worksheets where you follow your own curriculum? Kind of like you would if you were home schooling.

Last edited by 1111; 03/27/15 05:02 AM.