Originally Posted by madeinuk

DD thought that this was almost amusing as she related this one to me (though she did comment that this was pretty, um-- cold)-- but the companion story about another bride (also Indian) who married someone else when the groom experienced a seizure at their planned wedding? That one made her angry at the woman. Very angry.

My other response is like mithawk's here. There's not a lot that I'd change about my own DD, imperfections and all.

I would change nothing at all on MY behalf-- but I find it painful that some of her genetic legacy makes her life so hard. It's emotional-- I freely admit that.

Beyond that, I think that I have a fondness for English sportscars, myself. That's how I prefer to spend precious hydrocarbons.

Well, since organic synthetic chemistry didn't work out for me personally and all I ever made was black goo. Other people I know found it far more rewarding. I think that they must like black goo more than I do.

I'd rather have a purring Jaguar, instead. Maybe even instead of a first class airline seat, come to that.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.