Her fine-motor skills are really good for her age, I think. As far as completing tasks...it depends on the task required of her. If she is motivated, she is lightning quick. If I'm asking her to clear the table for dinner and she's reading a book, I might as well be talking to a brick wall! As for responding, I noticed that when she was younger, she needed a lot of time to process her thoughts before she could verbalize her feelings. We had a lot of miscommunication and tantrums before I realized what was happening and gave her the space and vocabulary to better express herself.

I asked the psychologist what the test was like, and it sounds like she had to draw symbols to match other symbols - so I can definitely see why her PSI score might have been low; she was probably trying to draw them to match perfectly...

Anyway, the psychologist said it wasn't anything to be concerned about and that she sees a lot of gifted kids who also score low in PSI due to perfectionism, etc., which makes sense to me.