Hello, I have seen several previous posts about the common core math conundrum for current middle schoolers. I am in CA. DD skipped 6th grade math and took pre-algebra in 6th grade based on placement test results (moving back here after being in VA for four years at the beginning of 6th grade, we found the public schools there far ahead of schools here). DD took algebra last year and is in now in geometry in 8th grade. This seems to be the 'old' standard track for your typical accelerated (but not profoundly gifted) kid. Our district rolled out CC math 6 in 2013-2014, and CC 7 this year. In short, 8th graders like her are under the 'old system', so no change in curriculum for those who took algebra and geometry for 7th/8th grades. Last year I asked several times- in several different ways- how the gaps would be handled for 8th grade kids who did not do CC middle school. All I got from the school and district was 'we know there are gaps and we'll have to figure that out down the road'. I actually moved my DD out of the public school in to private school this year for 8th grade for several reasons; but, she might attend our local public high school next year. I've attended meetings on the district's math sequencing for high school. The school district still hems and haws as to what the kids who never took CC middle school math are actually 'missing', if anything. All they have said is that DD and kids in her circumstances (taking algebra and geometry in MS) will take algebra II next year (old-style, again)...and by the time they take the SBAC math assessment in 11th grade, um, yeah, there will have been some gaps. Have your school districts come up with any specific plans to address what to do, if anything, with currently accelerated math middle schoolers who will subject to the new SAT's down the road, and the new 11th grade math assessments, that do not align with the math curriculum/sequencing that the kids actually had? Very frustrated here. I am hoping to meet with a district administrator to discuss why it might be important to consider this issue as one that should be addressed. And our school district is generally rated at the very top of the CA heap...