Originally Posted by bluemagic
[quote=greenlotus]Glad to hear she brings the doodles home. My DS is also a big doodler particularly if a class is boring, I do it all the time. My list of notes scattered around my computer are filled with doodles. And I personally think doodling as long as it's in an appropriate place and time.

The one problem we had was when DS was in 8th grade he he doodled a LOT in science class. One day the teacher found one of his doodles in the garbage and she decided that it was a nasty picture of her and took offense. He got pulled to the office about this, I was brought it. My son was honestly perplexed. I forget what it was a drawing about but it was never intended to be her it was just squiggles, or maybe an animal. Didn't help our relationship with that teacher. What he learned out of the episode was to never throw away his doodles in the class garbage or where this teacher could see.

Oops!!!! Interesting that the teacher assumed it was a "nasty" one of her in particular.... DD9's teachers are pretty laid back about the doodling. They just call out "Earth to DD!!" when she is not focused on them. Amazingly she seems to be able to still answer their questions!! DD has actually started a club related to her artwork. She requires kids to fill out forms and send in artwork for her review to be accepted!! She has all these rules and requirements set up online for admission. Crazy!!