DD9, ADHD inattentive type, is a doodler. On her math, her hands, at breakfast, during the Cogat, church, you name it. She's famous at school for doodling. Of course it's a concern because she will draw rather than focus on tests or homework or teachers......Yesterday she had a pre algebra test, a big one. She was not happy that she had to take it because she feels that is unfair that she has work outside of school. Honestly, I feel bad, too. She told her sister she would deliberately flunk the test so she wouldn't have to go back. Big sigh from me. I told her she could have an extra privilege if she would just try her best.
After the test last night she comes out all excited, and stated that while she was about the last one done, she DID have time to draw so maybe she would like the class because she has time for doodling. Her drawing was pretty cool, by the way.
Later I asked if the test was hard. She seriously said "No, the test wasn't hard; what was hard was NOT doodling ANYWHERE on my test!!" She focused for over an hour just on her work!!!!!!!! My sweet thing.
And before bed she pulled me over to the side of her bed and whispered "I love you." This is from my never ever share emotions girl. I am so in love with my DD!!!!!