Keep the six stock issues in mind for the case you are making:

Harm (impact on gt kids academic/socially)
Signficance (figure out given the # in district that need served - for goodness sake round up)
Inherency (problems are typically structural or attitudinal - be prepared to address or knock down both)
Solvency (solutions must solve some aspect of your problem - be prepared to hear worksheet solutions that don't solve your problems)
Workability this is where you can be friendly and firm - there are a lot of modifications or mini-solutions that won't cost them money - that are workable. Be prepared for the time, money, talent, case from the district for any suggestion.
Advantages/Disadvantages You gotta sell some carrots and sticks.

There are probably some old debaters out there wetting their pants remembering this stuff.

You probably have all the research. I think the biggest risk is getting side tracked by them or by your own emotions.

On the grade skipping thing - be sure to have/read Nation Deceived even our state ed dept recommends it.

IMHO. Have as much working knowledge of your state's assessment language - how is the school being measured - it'll matter to them. Also, as a fall back you've got NCLB there is a section that talks of challenging students at their level. Although I think this group has already said it doesn't get you far with gt.

Go to the Davidson's press kit link - some good basics to leave with them maybe. Also, go to Ruf's site. I'll try to get you the link or google Ruf Educational Options. There is an online presentation that addresses needs. And some other swift cut looks at gt.

Know what any other local district is doing - that helps. Be prepared for any 'oh but we are that big, we have less money, etc'.

Im sure you've got the basics down - compacting, telescoping, dual enrollment, grade skipping, online courses (which i don't see why aren't great for little ones too), tutors, etc.

You got it down, I'm sure by your post. I pray less for your prep then I do for you not being side-tracked into conversations that don't move your case forward - and keep emotions in check (I cannot believe it but sometimes the thought of my kid being a bored weirdo in the room makes me weep).

GOOD LUCK!