Originally Posted by cdfox
I don't know if this has been addressed or not before (I didn't see it on your other post), but I'd suggest taking your ds to a behavioral/developmental optometrist to tease out the visual issues.

A 'good' behavioral/developmental optometrist should be able to better pinpoint that visual integration score of 88.

This depends on whether or not it's a visual challenge - the Beery VMI tests visual-motor integration, so the root issue could be visual or it could be fine motor. Knowing what the subtest score range is on the WISC processing and having the info on both Beery VMI subtests will help clarify if the low score (88) on the Beery is due to a visual challenge or a fine motor challenge.

If it's due to a fine motor challenge, seeing a developmental optometrist won't help.

polarbear

ps - I've had kids with low Beery scores for *both* reasons - one fine motor and one visual. I'm a *huge* fan of developmental optometrists, so please don't think I was saying don't go to a developmental optometrist, I was only pointing out that there might be a different cause, and it wouldn't be worth time/$ to see a developmental optometrist if the issue is fine-motor related.