I hear you. But if I may continue to butt in whether wanted or not ( wink )...I'd recommend that you at least look into other options.

You may well decide not to take them. That's certainly a valid choice. But I don't think you have to be scared to follow something other than the traditional progression. The big deal about going "off-road", I think, is that it's harder on you because you have to be more creative, more free-thinking about what to do next. You have to hunt down opportunities, even inventing opportunities that have never existed by networking with people, and it's a lot of hard work. It's definitely easier to follow the usual path, where you know what comes next. But given the givens, I think it might be more beneficial to your child--not to mention your own peace of mind!--to do things a little differently.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to discourage you from giving him college-level work. Not at all! Online courses are a great solution. And even one or two on-campus classes that you drive him to seems like the sort of thing that wouldn't send me into hysterics if I were in your shoes. But that still leaves education time to fill, you know?

It might be a good time to explore career options. HG+ kids often have trouble figuring out what to be when they grow up because they have so many options. Unlike kids in traditional schools, he's got the time and the freedom to intern or job-shadow. Why not take advantage? And that sort of experience looks AMAZING on a transcript! Seriously, colleges go nuts for that sort of thing!

I promise to shut up if I'm annoying you. But I really think you can slow things down without slowing HIM down, if that makes any sense, while still giving him a transcript of which to be very, very proud. I'd suggest that you at least look into it.

smile

Kriston