Originally Posted by 1111
Not expert in testing, but I would be curious to see what his score would be using the extended norms. It might bump the PRI score. Also, the picture concept score seems off to me. Someone might know this better than me, but could there be a possible vision issue? Fantastic working memory!

I strongly doubt there is a vision issue. He has never had difficulty with reading, writing, or depth perception, or learning age appropriate skills that require normal vision. If I understand the picture concepts subtest correctly, I think he probably didn't recognize many of the objects and therefore could not identify which objects had common characteristics. I understand picture concepts to be essentially analogies but in pictures rather than words? That goes along with his lower verbal scores. He is not perceptive or observant of things going on around him that he is not interested in, unless he is explicitly taught, so objects that may be common to most people are not necessarily familiar to him because he hasn't noticed or thought about them in everyday life. His area of giftedness is very specifically math, and at this point it looks like that will head toward physics and (mechanical or computer) engineering.