Yes, math is his area of talent! We are starting Art of Problem Solving Prealgebra (6th grade level). He seems to just "know" math before formally learning it and just conceptually "gets it." He regularly got 100s on math tests without having looked at the lessons when I only had him 2 grade levels ahead. He is also a competitive chess player. I don't have the full report yet, but the psychologist said his scores in matrix reasoning and digits were both 19, sequencing was 18, and block design was 17. His reading comprehension level per the CAT test when he was 6 years old was 5th grade, and he reads books on about a 5th-6th grade level now and understands what he reads. He is an intuitive speller. I do not think he is 2e. He is shy with people until he knows them well but I don't think that is overly unusual. My other children are more outgoing with strangers, and are not gifted, at least not mathematically.

We are a military family and move every 2-4 years. Currently we live in a rural area and don't have a large homeschool community. Hence, why I was looking into DYS. =) I have felt isolated for a long time and don't know anyone who can relate to our situation.