My DD only changed once for educational reasons, otherwise it was because we had to move for work or family. She was very distressed over one of the moves but stuff happens in life unfortunately. She is ok now.

I had the same thought about school two looking for high achievers while school one was trying hard to help the individual. 99.9% is very unusual but within the family can look pretty normal. The more you meet her needs educationally, the more opportunity you will have to see how different it can be. I like Stephanie Tolan's "cheetah" analogy to demonstrate that point.

Don't forget how you feel about your relationship with the school too. You will have a bit to do with them advocating with your child....which one made you feel like they listened and would be responsive? It sounded like the first school was better at that to me.

Life changes and kids grow so don't worry if you need to change later, but maybe you won't except perhaps to look for a high school a lot sooner than you imagine!