Imagine not having to re-invent the 2E wheel with every year and every meeting - sounds like Nirvana, I'd volunteer there, too!

We've taken the private school route and it's not perfect, but better than our public options. I've found another 2E parent in my child's class and we now tag team the administration. It really helps get attention when you're not the only email/phone call/meeting they face. I'm really open about my DS's situation and that has helped me find the other 2E parent, and garner support from NT parents. The NT parents' support was unexpected and so helpful this year, psychologically for me and program-wise for DS. It's worth looking for those parents, too, I now know.

I'm pretty sure the many, many useful pieces of literature I've provided either sit unread in DS's file or go directly into the recycling. I can explain dysgraphia in my sleep (and probably do!) after repeating it so many times. I keep handing them over, though, and keep repeating my explanations, because doing so has led to accommodations and an IEP that give me actual tools. And maybe it will help the next student. Maybe.

And polarbear, I completely agree with both shoe wishes. What a gift either would be for a 2E child.