Here's my rant:

&%#$@**&! (jumping, hooting, hollering, chest thumping, gnashing of teeth, etc.) mad Today I even had a few angry tears about it all. (Sorry if TMI.)

Why can't I find the "TWICE EXCEPTIONAL COORDINATOR" at each district? (We are at the second largest district in the nation here.) This is education… full of educators… lots of kids filing through over the years… can't be a new concern…

I wish there was a nice, big door with a TWICE EXCEPTIONAL STUDENT SERVICES written over it, where we could go to discuss best practices, share success stories and disseminate material. I would volunteer there. I'd bring muffins and multi-colored paper clips.

Parents all over the district would put their energies into supporting the educators and para-educators who capably guide our children to access the curriculum. There would be eager learners learning! There would be best practices developed, practiced, and revised! There would be teachers (I guarantee it) who skip to work because they love their job so much… because our twice exceptional children are intrinsically-motivated learning machines!

Is it not worth systems change? Why is this so hard? Is it so hard to take the law, written on a piece of paper in black and white, and apply to to a situation to effect change for a better learning environment?

Do most parents here throw up their arms, and choose one of these options:

1. home school
2. private schools
3. public school with privately paid tutoring

?

Rant over.